Death toll from last week’s Moscow concert hall attack rose to 143

The death toll from last week’s Moscow concert hall attack rose to 143, Russian authorities have said. Nearly 80 other people injured in the siege by gunmen remain hospitalized. The Friday night massacre in Crocus City Hall was the deadliest extremist attack on Russian soil in nearly two decades. At least four gunmen toting automatic rifles shot at thousands of concertgoers and set the venue on fire.

An affiliate of the Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the violence, while US intelligence said it had information confirming the group was responsible.
The updated fatalities from Russia’s Emergencies Ministry didn’t state the number of injured but Health Minister Mikhail Murashko said yesterday that 80 people were in hospitals and another 205 had sought medical treatment from the attack.

Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top