After two days of practice, Team India had an off day from outdoor practice. Instead, players attended team meeting and underwent Dexa scan at the NCA.
After two days of gruelling practice sessions in Alur near Bengaluru, Rohit Sharma & Co got a day off on Sunday from India Asia Cup camp. However, it was not a break. Instead, players attended team meetings at the KSCA grounds at the National Cricket Academy (NCA). Virat Kohli was among Indian players who also underwent BCCI’s mandatory Dexa scan ahead of India vs Pakistan Asia Cup 2023 on September 2.
On Day 1 (Aug 24), all players underwent a mandatory fitness test including Virat Kohli. Day 2 was all about batting in pairs at Alur grounds. India captain Rohit Sharma also appeared for a Yo-Yo test. Day 3 was more about match simulations.
India head coach Rahul Dravid then put the batting pairs up against pace of Yash Dayal and Umran Malik as well as mystery spinner Varun Chakaravarthy.
Table of Contents
What is Dexa Scan?
DEXA or Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry is a scientific method in which the Bone Mineral Density of a person is determined using a special technique known as spectral imaging. Like other imaging methods (X-Ray or MRI), in this case, two X-Ray beams at different energy levels are directed toward the bone of the person. Accordingly, it reveals a chart with the current bone density and the mineral content of the bone for the person/player as in the case.
It also helps in understanding the fat ratio in the body and helps the physios plan specific diets.
India Asia Cup Camp Highlights:
- Day 1 began with Yo-Yo test for some of the star players including Virat Kohli.
- Indian stars batted in pairs as per batting order for 6 hours on Day 1 of Asia Cup 2023 camp.
- Rohit Sharma & Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli & Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya & Ravindra Jadeja batted for 1 hour each.
- KL Rahul who is still doubtful with injury also batted for 2 hours.
- India called in left-arm spinners including Sai Kishore, Kuldeep Yadav apart from 10 net bowlers to bowl ay Virat Kohli & Co.
- On Day 2, Shubman Gill and Rohit Sharma apart from Hardik Pandya appeared for yo-yo test. Gill topped the test with 18.7 score.
- India batters also had a practice session against express pace to prepare for Shaheen Afridi.
- Umran Malik and Yash Dayal were both part of the bowlers to bowl at the nets.
- Aniket Choudhary, a tall left-arm bowler, was asked to bowl at Rohit Sharma & Co at the nets.
- KL Rahul also had a keeping session. He did show slight discomfort as he is still recovering from thigh injury.
India Asia Cup 2023 Squad:
Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, KL Rahul, Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya (VC), Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohd. Shami, Mohd. Siraj, Prasidh Krishna.
Travelling stand-by player: Sanju Samson